Our eyes are an important part of body, making up 1 of 5 of our senses. It is what allows us to see the world around us. With all the use it gets everyday and the constant screen watching from the various devices we use, it’s important to take care of our eyes.
5 Eye Health Tips
- Get your eyes tested to know learn about any risk-factors and and understand your family history.
- Apply the 20-20-20 rule to prevent eye strain-every 20 minutes look away from your screen and look at something 20 feet away for 20 seconds.
- Use sunglasses to protect your eyes from harsh light and protective eye wear when playing sports
- Eat healthy and balanced meal so that your body gets the proper amount of vitamin and minerals to support your overall health. Be sure to include things with carotene and omega-3s to protect your eyes.
- Try a supplement that’s made specifically for vision care so that you know your eyes are well taken care of.
I have noticed recently that my eyes are feeling strain by the end of the day and I sometimes develop a headache. I know that a major culprit is the high amount of screen time. So this is as much a reminder for you as it is for me.
Most of the time I forgot to apply that 20-20-20 rule until my eyes are screaming for a rest. I’m hardly in the sun but I do need sunglasses for when I’m out and about because I live in Caribbean and the sunlight surrounds us. My diet definitely needs improvement in general so I know I’m not getting the right amount of nutrition. However, this month I did make the effort to buy items with omega-3s so that’s great.
I recently started taking a multi-carotene supplement to support my eye health (full disclosure, it is one of the products from my business). I definitely noticed a difference almost right away which was very surprising. My eyes feel much happier now that I’m taking them. They look kind of look like dragon eggs to me. Well how I assume dragon eggs would look like anyway. lol. Reader brain kicking in. It made me think of a book series I read called The Inheritance Cycle. It’s a fantasy series that I really enjoyed.
The Inheritance Cycle Books
Thank you for reading.