Hi again. I’m back with another episode of The LIL Community Podcast newsletter. Sorry about the background noises. Between the pump and the rain it’s a bit loud.
- The Self Confidence Formula By Napolean Hill
- What went well last week?
- What could have gone better?
- What’s happening this week?
- What I’d like to get done.
- Things I’ve been thinking about
The Self-Confidence Formula
First I know that I have the ability to achieve the object
of my Definite Purpose in life, therefore, I demand of
myself persistent, continuous action toward its
attainment, and I here and now promise to render such
Second I realize the dominating thoughts of my mind
will eventually reproduce themselves in outward,
physical action, and gradually transform themselves
into physical reality, therefore, I will concentrate my
thoughts for thirty minutes daily, upon the task of
thinking of the person I intend to become, thereby
creating in my mind a clear mental picture of that
Third I know through the principle of auto-suggestion,
any desire that I persistently hold in my mind will
eventually seek expression through some practical
means of attaining the object back of it, therefore, I
will devote ten minutes daily to demanding of myself
the development of self-confidence.
Fourth I have clearly written down a description of my
Definite Chief Aim in life, and I will never stop trying,
until I shall have developed sufficient self-confidence
for its attainment.
Fifth I fully realize that no wealth or position can long
endure, unless built upon truth and justice, therefore, I
will engage in no transaction which does not benefit all
whom it affects. I will succeed by attracting to myself
the forces I wish to use, and the cooperation of other
people. I will induce others to serve me, because of my
willingness to serve others. I will eliminate hatred,
envy, jealousy, selfishness, and cynicism, by
developing love for all humanity, because I know that a
negative attitude toward others can never bring me
success. I will cause others to believe in me, because I
will believe in them, and in myself.
I will sign my name to this formula, commit it to
memory, and repeat it aloud once a day, with full faith
that it will gradually influence my thoughts and actions
so that I will become a self-reliant, and successful
person.Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
What went well last week?
- As I mentioned in last week’s podcast newsletter I went by my parents for the weekend. It was quite fun and I stayed up pretty late watching movies. We watched A Quiet Place part 1, Jungle Cruise and Blood Red Sky on Saturday night into Sunday morning. Sunday morning I watched a cartoon called Vivo with my little sister and after writing my blog post for the following day, I played outdoors with my little brother. After that, I created my social media posts and had simple Sunday lunch with the family. During the day I decided to take a day off work because I needed a break and wanted to stay over a night again. So that night after a team meeting we watched Black Widow. Monday morning I watched Cruella with the family. It was a great weekend.
- On Tuesday, I had to be a big girl and travel for a pizza date with my team. I’m coming to realise how dependent I’ve been on my partner for a variety of things. This past week has been a time of stepping out of my comfort zone and doing things independently. From about Wednesday night and probably for the rest of the month, he will be working nights. So I’ll be essentially on my own. I see him during the day when I am home. But this week work starts back full-time at the office so I won’t really see him until the weekend. I’ve never been on my own like that, to be honest, so it’s a bit strange. I am both enjoying having the bed to myself and missing his company at the same time.
- If you watched my Instagram story, earlier today, I’m recording this on Saturday 14th August, which is yesterday for you, I mentioned that I had a great writing day. I completed two blog posts in record time for me. I also had a taste of the most amazing homemade wine ever. I have no idea what kind it was but it tasted delicious.
What could have gone better
- For when I’ve been experiencing some headaches in the afternoons. I don’t usually get headaches, at least not for a while. I’m thinking it’s a combination of the weather and work. It’s been very humid and we have been experiencing instances of rain and hot sun together.
- Another thing of concern is that on Friday, I got intense pelvic pain for about idk 10mins or so at work. Idk, what that was. I definitely have to pay a visit to the clinic, which I dislike or come up with funds to visit my GP, which I’d prefer.
- I need to get better at eating healthy meals. To start with I need a fridge so that I can manage my groceries better and meal prep for the week.
What’s happening this week
- As I mentioned it’s back to work every day at the office from 8 am to 4 pm so I definitely have to streamline my schedule to make room for my business, blog and social media community. I can’t forget to leave room for self-care which for me is getting enough quality sleep, exercising, meditating and journaling.
What I’d like to get done
- Definitely find a schedule that works best for me
- Get some more reading done because I’m so behind on my reading list. I want to at least finish one of the books I’m reading right now.
- Organise my notebook into a planner. Do you have any ideas?
Things I’ve been thinking about
- I want to start back drawing and I am sure I can find to squeeze it into my schedule. The problem is I don’t know what the heck to draw half the time. How do you find inspiration to draw. I want to make it into a regular habit.
- I’m actually quite fascinated by digital drawings but I have to invest in some kind of drawing tablet for that. I do have Gravit Designer on my laptop but it’s annoying to use with a touchpad. Best for a mouse or touch screen for sure.
- I want to get a sofa bed and fridge but nothing too pricy right now. wondering if Facebook marketplace is a good idea for those. I shall have to check it out and see what it has. What’s your experience with Facebook marketplace?
That’s it for this week. Look out for my blog post tomorrow and Thursday at 10:30 am est.