What is positive thinking?
Positive thinking, or an optimistic attitude, is the practice of focusing on the good in any given situation… It simply means you approach the good and the bad in life with the expectation that things will go well.https://www.webmd.com/mental-health/positive-thinking-overview#1
Positive thinking is an emotional and mental attitude that focuses on the good and expects results that will benefit you. It’s about anticipating happiness, health and success – essentially, training yourself to adopt an abundance mindset and cultivate gratitude for your own successes and those of others.https://www.tonyrobbins.com/positive-thinking/#mm-5
The power of positive thinking
Positive thinking has the power to enhance our mental and physical well being by making us more resilient to life’s challenges. We are able to cope better to daily stressors and adversities.
- Better coping mechanisms.
- Improved mental clarity. Having a positive outlook can help us focus on the task at hand.
- Increased problem-solving skills.
- Better moods. You have a better outlook on life and it’s challenges.
- Reduced anxiety and depression.
- Increased resilience to illness.
- Longer life span due to less stress and better coping mechanisms.
- Lower blood pressure.
- Better physical health. You are more likely to have a healthier lifestyle as a result of an optimistic life view.
- Greater pain tolerance. Our mind and body feed off each other so our perception of something influences how we react to events, including pain.
How To Utilise Positive Thinking
- Be mindful of your body. Observe yourself and how your body reacts to the environment. We hunch over and close ourselves in when we feel anxious or threaten and we open up our body when we feel confident and happy. Take note of this and make a conscious effort to portray yourself positively.
- Change your mindset. Do you focus on the good or bad in a situation: Is your glass half full or empty?
- Analyse and evaluate your habits. Observe your habits and make changes. Spot the bad habit, stop and take note of it then swap it out for something more productive.
Spot the thought, Stop that thought, Swap for a better thoughtThink Like A Monk: How to Train Your Mind for Peace and Purpose
- Choose your words wisely.
Watch your thoughts, they become your words; watch your words, they become your actions; watch your actions, they become your habits; watch your habits, they become your character; watch your character, it becomes your destiny.Lao Tzu
- Find inspiration from others. When you are feeling stuck, look up inspirational quotes, stories or lessons to inspire you.
Positive thinking and personal development
Despite the rewards positive thinking can have in our lives, it is important to note that it will not solve all our problems and make everything better. We need to have a balance between positive and negative perspective in order to see the world as it is. We still have to work hard to achieve our goals and perform at our best to reap the rewards of life.
Thank you for reading. Leave a like if you enjoyed this content and let’s discuss this topic in the comments section.
Love generously, Inspire daily, Learn constantly.