In the previous post we would have reflected on 2020 and decided on what goals to carry over to the new year. Now it is time to prepare for 2021.
Preparing for 2021
- Go over your carry-over goals.
- Write down any additional goals you want to achieve in 2021
- Use SMART to help guide you in creating goals that are Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant and Time-Based.
- Set a timeline for your goals: yearly, bi-annually, quarterly and monthly.
- Identify resources to help you on your journey.
- Create actionable steps that you can perform daily to achieve these goals.
- Incorporate weekly or fortnightly reflections so that you can analyse your progress and may adjustments if needed.
- Consider how you will track and hold yourself accountable for each step.
- Establish a reward system at the end of each mini-goal. It is important to recognise and appreciate your progress. This will keep you motivated to move forward.
- Communicate your goals to the persons in your life that it will have an impact on. There is no need to share everything or to tell anyone else.
- Schedule your priorities first then input any other tasks.
- Make note of any changes in your schedule so that you can analyse them at the end of the week or fortnight.
- Keep track of what worked and what did not.
Remember change is a natural part of life so if something is not working out, do not be afraid to re-evaluate and try something different. Do not forget to include time for rest, leisure and self-care in your schedule.
I hope these prompts help you to have a successful 2021. Happy New Year’s Eve and thank you for reading.
Kindly leave a like if you got something out of this post and a comment your tips for preparing for 2021.
Love generously, Inspire daily, Learn constantly.
PS: Here’s a video with some great points on goal setting.