Twenty-Twenty (2020) feels like both the longest and shortest year of the decade. So much has happen that it feels like the year will never end. Yet Christmas is less than a day away and then New Year’s Day follows about a week after. After all the challenges of the year, I am looking forward to Christmas and resetting for the New Year. Even though I am excited, the time has run away from me and I am left preparing at the last hour.
If you are in the same boat as me, consider these tips to help you prepare and have a stress-free Christmas.
7 Tips for a Stress-Free Christmas
- Collaborate with your loved ones and plan activities. What time are you getting together and by whom? If this is possible where you live. Are you video calling each other to open gifts and/ or having a virtual dinner celebration? What time will this event take place and who is responsible for setting up the phone, laptop or tablet?
- Make a checklist. What tasks are on your to-do list? Do you have all the necessary grocery items? What recipes are you using? Do you have the ingredients? Where are the recipes? Is your home organised to your liken?
- Divide and conquer. Decide who is taking care of what on your to-do list. Make it into a fun family activity. This will make the tasks enjoyable and the time go by faster.
- Nix the deep clean. Focus on cleaning high traffic areas and save the deep clean for after Christmas but before New Year’s Day. This will help alleviate the stress of trying to organise and declutter an entire house in a limited time.
- Prepare traditional recipes. Do not stress yourself trying new recipes at this time. Stick to favourite family dishes and leave the new ideas for later when you have time to experiment.
- Use gift bags or gift box. If you still have to get gifts for your family and loved ones, consider using a pretty gift bag or gift box instead. This way you save on time and they can reuse the bag or box when gifting something to someone else. You can also get your presents gift-wrapped at the store, if they do that.
- Organise clean-up. Place trash bags in a convenient location to get rid of all the gift wrapping and after party trash. Prepare take away containers of food for your guests after the meal. Make a game of cleaning up.
The most important tip I have for you is to have fun and enjoy spending time with your family while preparing for Christmas Day.
Thank you for reading. Merry Christmas Eve to you.
I would appreciate a like if you enjoyed this post and kindly leave a comment with your tips.
Love generously, Inspire daily, Learn constantly.