Hi again. As promised, today’s post all about morning routines and the habits you can incorporate in your life to start your day off on the right foot.
Morning Routine Habits to Try
- Wake up at the same time everyday: This constancy is important for our bodies circadian rhythm and promoting better sleep. It is best to set a fixed bedtime and waking time that allows us to get between 7 to 9 hours of sleep for optimal health.
- Hydrate: drinking a glass of water upon waking is a great idea since our bodies are slightly dehydrated after 7 – 9 hours without water.
- Try taking your multivitamins at this time or drinking lemon water instead for flavour and a boost of vitamin C.
- Skincare: the skin is largest organ in the body and since it is the part of our body that is most exposed to the elements, taking the time to treat it right and prepare it for the day will make a difference in its continued health and beauty.
- Make your bed: Accomplishing this first task for the day gets you primed for other tasks on your schedule. Spending a few minutes to this in the morning means you don’t have think about it later when your ready to sleep.
- Morning Pages: a great way of decluttering the mind by writing about any bad dreams, issues or anything that is taking up space in your mind so you can have a uncluttered mind to tackle the day.
- Gratitude: list one or three things that you are grateful for that day.
- Review your schedule: check your calendar and go over your list so its fresh in your mind and your clear on the steps you need to take to be efficient.
- Meditation or mindfulness: meditating helps quiet and prepare your mind for the day ahead. Try bringing your awareness, your full attention to the things you are doing to anchor your mind in the present moment.
- Workout: get that body moving. Do not forget to include a warm up, stretches and cool down in your routine.
- Learn something new, practice a skill: spend 5 – 10 minutes learning a foreign language or developing a new skill.
- Get outdoors: go out on your balcony, take a walk, or just stand next to your window and breath in fresh air and absorb some sunshine.
- Engage in deep work: the first major task of the day should be something meaningful that will create a positive impact on subsequent tasks or goal.
- Eat breakfast: make a nice, healthy, nutritious breakfast that will fuel the brain and satisfy your taste buds and tummy.
It is important to remember that your routine is subjective and should be tailored to your life. Don’t waste time performing tasks that are not relevant to you or filling your morning with so much things that you feel stressed. These routines are meant to help make your life easier, make you feel good and take a moment for yourself.