This post is inspired by Jim Kwik’s podcast episode entitled: How to Stop Procrastination
Procrastination is the act of postponing or delaying meaning and important tasks by performing trivial but pleasant tasks. This episode provides useful tips that can be applied to minimise or stop procrastination.
Key take aways:
- Put off Procrastination, i.e procrastinate about procrastination
- Start somewhere. It’ll motivate you to complete the task. The Zeigarnik effect
- Break it down into bite size pieces so that it feels less intimidating
- Be kind to yourself when you fail
- Schedule it
- Know your why, this will provide the momentum to start and complete tasks
Hope you find these suggestions helpful in your battle to overcome procrastination.
Thank you for reading.